I’ve never been a huge breakfast person, but every now and then, I crave a good Belgian waffle with fresh fruit.
This mini heart waffle maker from DASH (an Amazon incubator) definitely sweetens the deal too. After all, it’s a 100% proven scientific fact that everything tastes better when it’s mini!
I used delicious sugar-free blackberry syrup from Los Rios Rancho, a Riley’s Farm subsidiary in Oak Glen, CA. You can use whatever syrup you like. If going store-bought, I highly recommend Knott’s Berry Farm boysenberry syrup. It’s pricey but delicious.
- 1 cup flour
- 1 egg
- 1 cup milk
- 2 tbsp melted butter (or vegetable oil)
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Fresh fruit
- In a medium bowl, sift the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt together.
2. In a separate bowl (or stand mixer), whisk the egg, milk and melted butter.
3. Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and mix until just incorporated.
4. Grease waffle maker with butter or coat with cooking spray. Pour batter into waffle maker and cook until golden brown. Repeat with remaining batter.
5. Serve with a drizzle of syrup and add fresh fruit (optional).