I can’t get enough of bruschetta and caprese-like dishes! This recipe is fun because it mixes up the usual mozzarella-and-olive-oil combination.
- 1 1/2 pound cheery tomatoes, halved
- Crusty bread, cut into slices 1/2 inch thick
- 8 oz ricotta
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon fennel seeds, crushed
- In a small bowl, stir together the olive oil, garlic, fennel seeds and pepper. Set aside for 30 minutes.
2. Preheat oven to 300 degrees.
3. Arrange the cut tomatoes on a rimmed baking sheet. Spoon the olive oil mixture over the tomatoes. Sprinkle with 1/2 teaspoon salt.
4. Bake until the tomatoes are partially shriveled and browned, but still overall juicy (about 1 1/2 hours).
5. Transfer tomatoes and juices to a bowl.
6. Broil or bake bread slices until edges are golden brown.
7. Top each bread slice with a heaping spoonful of ricotta, then a heaping spoonful of caramelized tomatoes. Serve.