These decadent brownies are the most fatty, sugary, buttery, chocolatey concoction and they are worth every calorie.
- Baking spray
- 13×9 inch baking pan
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 cup unsalted butter
- 4 large eggs
- 12 oz bittersweet chocolate
- 12 oz semisweet chocolate
- 2 tablespoons espresso granules
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon flaky sea salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Coat the 13×9 inch baking pan with baking spray.
- Bring a medium pot with 1 inch of water to a simmer over low. Set a medium heatproof glass bowl over pot. Add chopped bittersweet chocolate and butter to bowl.
3. Cook, stirring occasionally, until melted. Remove from heat. Cool slightly, about 10 minutes.
4. Whisk eggs, granulated sugar, brown sugar and espresso granules into cooled chocolate-butter mixture until well combined.
5. Stir in flour and kosher salt until combined.
6. Pour half the batter into prepared pan. Sprinkle with 1 cup of semisweet chocolate. Top with remaining batter, smoothing with an offset spatula. Sprinkle with remaining 1 cup chopped semisweet chocolate.
7. Bake in preheated oven until center is set, about 25 minutes. Remove from oven. Sprinkle with flaky sea salt.
8. Cool completely in pan, about 1 hour. Slice.
Recipe (modified): https://www.southernliving.com/recipes/dark-chocolate-brownies