If you were ever a child, you definitely remember “Dirt and Worms.” This recipe is a crowd favorite, for its rich, deliciously chocolate taste and the ew factor of the gummy worms! It is also super easy for busy parents to throw together before a school party, or for kids to help make themselves!
But just because you’ve grown up (on the outside, at least) doesn’t mean you have to give up one of Halloween’s best treats.
Yield: 8 cups
- 1 15 oz package Oreos
- 1 3.9 oz package chocolate instant pudding
- 2 cups cold whole milk
- 8 oz Cool Whip
- 24 gummy worms
- Make the dirt: Put Oreos into a large zip-top baggie. Using a rolling pin or can, crush them into small pieces.
2. Continue to crush the cookies in the bag until they are fine crumbs. The cream filling should combine with the cookies and make fine pieces.
3. In a large bowl, mix dry pudding mix and cold milk. Whisk tougher until the pudding mix dissolves and is free of lumps.
4. Let sit 10 minutes, until pudding is firm. Add the whipped topping and half the dirt crumbs.
5. Gently stir together so that the streaks of whipped cream disappear.
6. Divide the mixture evenly among the cups – fill until the cups are 1/2 full.
7. Tap the cups on the counter to level the pudding. Insert 2-3 gummy worms into the pudding.
8/ Pour cookie crumbs over the top so that the entire top is covered with dirt. Smooth into an even layer with your hands.
9. Place on tray and serve!
Source: Oh Nuts