If you loved my post about Fried Arkansas Black Apples, you’ll love this version, spiced up with some delicious crunchy granola!
- 3-4 large sliced apple slices (I used Arkansas Black apples)
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1/4 cup light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/3 cup apple cider
- 1 teaspoon all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup granola
- Melt butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add apples, increase heat to high and cook until apples begin to soften, about 3 minutes, stirring occasionally.
2. Sprinkle with brown sugar and cinnamon and cook, stirring occasionally, until sugar melts and apples are tender, about 3 minutes.
3. In a small bowl, whisk together flour and apple cider. Add to skillet, stirring constantly until thickened, about 1 minute.
4. Stir in granola, remove from heat. Serve as-is, or over vanilla ice cream.
Source: Adapted from a recipe by Southern Living