Readers of my blog know that I love cooking everything and anything with lemon in it! Pasta with lemon, tarts with lemon, etc. So naturally, lemon desserts were the logical next step.
This lemon bar recipe from Southern Living is super easy to make and beyond delicious!
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1 cup cold butter, cut into pieces
- 4 large eggs
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1/3 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line bottom and sides of a 13×9 inch pan with parchment paper, allowing 2-3 inches to extend over the sides. Lightly grease foil.
- Stir together 2 cups flour and 1/2 cup powdered sugar. Cut in butter using a pastry blender or fork until crumbly. Press mixture onto bottom of prepared pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 20-25 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Meanwhile, whisk eggs in a large bowl until smooth. Whisk in granulated sugar, lemon zest and lemon juice. Stir together baking powder and remaining 1/4 cup flour. Whisk into egg mixture. Pour mixture over hot baked crust.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 25 minutes or until filling is set. Let cool in pan on a wire rack 30 minutes.
- Lift from pan, using foil sides as handles. Cool completely on a wire rack (about 30 minutes). Remove foil and cut into bars. Sprinkle with powdered sugar.