This recipe is my new obsession. It contains so many of my favorite ingredients: Pasta, broccolini, garlic and lemon. Plus, it’s super easy to make and reheats really well for leftovers.
1 pound caserecce or other short pasta
1 pound broccolini, roughly chopped
5 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
Zest and juice of 1 lemon
1/2 cup heavy cream
1/3 cup Parmesan cheese
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 tablespoon butter
Salt and pepper to taste
1. Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add the pasta and cook until al dente.
2. Meanwhile, heat the olive oil and butter in a large skillet over high heat. Add the broccolini and saute until tender, about 5 minutes, with salt and pepper.
3. Add the garlic, lemon zest and lemon juice. Stir until fragrant, about 1 minute
4. Stir in the heavy cream and bring to a simmer over medium heat
5. Add the Parmesan cheese. Remove from heat.
6. Combine the drained pasta with the sauce, stirring well to coat. Season with salt and pepper.
I modified this recipe from PureWow.