Not everyone likes mayo, but the creamy taste of potato salad just can’t be beat at a summer BBQ. Luckily, you can recreate a delicious homemade potato salad without the mayo using plain Greek yogurt, sour cream and white wine vinegar.
- 2 pounds Yukon gold potatoes
- 3 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1/2 cup finely chopped red onion
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh dill
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- Boil potatoes in a large pan of salted water. Reduce heat; simmer 15 minutes or until tender. Drain.
- Cool slightly and peel. Cut potatoes in half lengthwise; cut halves crosswise into 1/4-inch-thick slices.
- Place potatoes in a large bowl; sprinkle with vinegar.
- Combine yogurt and sour cream in a medium bowl, stirring with a whisk until smooth. Add oil; stir with a whisk.
- Add onion and remaining ingredients; stir with a whisk.
- Add yogurt mixture to potato mixture; toss gently to coat. Cover and chill 1 to 24 hours.
Source: Adapted from a recipe by Cooking Light