The only thing better than burrata is burrata on crostini! But forget about the boring, usual tomato / Bruschetta crostini. It’s time to mix it up with a new flavor – pea pesto.
- 1 10oz package frozen peas, thawed
- 1 baguette, cut into 1/2 inch slices
- 6 oz burrata cheese
- Olive oil
- 1/3 cup mint leaves
- 1/3 cup basil leaves
- 1 lemon
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled
- Black pepper
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. In a food processor, combine peas, basil, mint, garlic and lemon juice. Season with salt and pepper. Pulse for 45 seconds or until peas are broken down and chunky.
3. Slice baguette into 1/2 inch slices. Place on baking sheet. Drizzle with olive oil. Toast in oven for 5-7 minutes.
4. Assemble! Top each crostini with pea pesto mixture. Add a dollop of burrata cheese. Serve immediately.
Source: Adapted from a recipe by What’s Gaby Cooking