My husband loves different fruit salsas, like mango salsa and pineapple salsa. This quick and easy dinner idea makes homemade pineapple salsa the star of the show.
Prep time: 15 min // Cook time: 10 min // Total time: 25 min
For the pineapple salsa:
- 2 cups fresh or canned pineapple, diced
- 2/3 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1/2 cup red onion, diced
- 1 small jalapeño, chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
For the tacos:
- 6 small corn tortillas
- 1 can vegetarian refried or vegetarian black refried beans
- Make the pineapple salsa. Mix all ingredients in a medium bowl and set aside.
- Heat the refried beans in a splatter-proof container.
- In a skillet over medium heat, warm the tortillas.
- Assemble: Place tortillas on a plate. Spread with warmed refried beans. Top with cold pineapple salsa and serve with lime wedges, sour cream, queso fresco or alone.
Source: Adapted from a recipe by Gimme Some Oven.