This is by far my favorite new recipe. My husband and I can eat this dish all day, every day. It’s quick and easy to make, delicious and so filling – and vegan!
- 12 oz udon, soba or spaghetti noodles
- 1 block extra-firm tofu
- 6 tablespoons toasted sesame oil
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 1/2 cup rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons peanut or sunflower butter
- 4 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon powdered ginger
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 teaspoon Sriracha
- Green onion, for topping (optional)
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil over high heat. Add the noodles and cook according to package directions. Drain and set aside.
- Squeeze out water from tofu using paper towels. Once relatively dry, chop block into 1/2 inch pieces.
- In a skillet, add vegetable oil and fry tofu.
4. Meanwhile, in a food processor, combine sesame oil, soy sauce, rice vinegar, peanut butter, brown sugar, ginger, garlic and sriracha. Blend until smooth. Add more sriracha, if desired, for spice.
5. When tofu is golden brown, add a small amount of sauce to the pan and continue cooking tofu.
6. When complete, combine sauce, tofu and noodles in large pot. Toss to coat, taste and adjust seasoning. Top with green onions, if desired. Serve and enjoy!
Source: Adapted from a recipe by Two Peas and Their Pod